Parents nowadays are too busy with their works that they sometimes neglect the responsibility of a parent (Thinking that they are doing everything for the future of their children) Yes, Indeed working is important, in this way parents can provide a shelter for the his/her family, to be able to provide good education for their children, to be able to provide something to eat and other basic necessities, and in case one of the family member got sick they’ll be able to purchase medicine, go to a doctor for a check-up and in a worst case scenario they’ll be able to pay for the hospital bills.
But nonetheless parents should not pay no attention to the most important role of being a REAL parent, the responsibility of being there for their children especially in time when they are needed most by their children.
1. School requested a parent to go to school; they send the brother/sister as a proxy.
2. Attending to the graduation; they’ll say “sorry I can’t attend I have an important meeting to attend; I’ll make it up next time”.
3. Answering a silly question (which sometimes is the most very important one that a child needed to know); they’ll say I’m too busy/tired for such silly question.
4. They neglect to congratulate or commend they child for job well done, or for getting a good performance/Grade in school but instead scolding them for not passing their quiz, for not doing their assignments.
5. And worst of all they are not there to give advice, listen and comfort their child in the midst of lonesome. They neglect the importance of bonding with their children.
I remember a story I heard somewhere.
“A son asked his dad if how much he earns for an hour. $20 dad answered. Son asked his dad if he can ask for $10?
The father got mad, saying I am working hard to earn for your future and you’re asking for $10 just like that so you could spend it in toys and candies!!! Go to your room and sleep already.
After the father calmed down and realizing that he was too harsh to his son and thought that maybe he really needed something , he went to his son’s room and apologized. At the same time, he gave the $10.
The son smiled and start collecting all the money he has under his pillow and counted it. The Father got mad once again saying, “you have money and why are you asking for more?”
The son replied. “My money isn’t enough. I needed $20 for me to be able to purchase one hour of your time, dad.”
For a more enhance bonding time with your baby check this out