|Built For The Long Run|
"Statistic: 60% of us has different foot size, Shape and foot works"
When I join runs, I always join the 5k category. Once I did tried to join for the 10k category but I notice that on the 8th kilometer of my run, I'm starting to feel the pain on the right ankle of my foot, yesterday I got the chance to know more about the mechanics of my feet. After taking the test, I found out that my left foot need a different shoe fit requirement than my right foot.
"Statistic: 75% of us has a different foot from the other foot"
|My Right Foot|
|My Left Foot|
Most of our attitude in buying our shoes on the department store, is that we just base on its design, color and brand. I am guilty about that, although I know that there are store who check your foot works.
There are several store already here in the Philippines who offer the same service that they will check your foot works and they will choose which shoes best fits you, but Somnio they use 2 methods to check your foot works and to measure your foot (arc height, cushioning(Ind-X inserts), varus) to best match the custom fit of your foot needs. they will adjust each shoe that will fit the requirement of each foot.
The Somnio fit process works in 5 easy steps:
- The individual stands on our patented Line-Up device.
- The fitter adjusts the varus until the knee is aligned.
- The fitter uses the arch ball to select the correct footbed.
- The fitter uses the chart to select the correct Ind-X inserts.
- Then, the fitter slides the *F.E.A.T system into the shoe for the individual to try. (*Functionally Engineered Adaptable Tricomponent System)
can't wait for my next run!!! will be posting my experience with my new Somnio pacemaker running shoes...